Title: JDC Entwine London Regional Manager
Department: JDC Entwine Reports to: Director, Networks & Engagement Status: Part-Time Regular Location: Based at JHUB London
I. BASIC FUNCTION
- To inspire and empower young adults to learn about and take action on behalf on global Jewish issues;
- To be the main ‘link’ between JDC and UK young Jewish adults, cultivating and maintaining meaningful and long-lasting relationships;
- To create and facilitate ‘360’ experiences for young adults, engaging them through one to one relationships, leading Learning Network programs, participating in service trips, etc.;
- To promote Entwine global service opportunities and recruit UK young Jewish professionals to participate, and support follow-up efforts after those experiences;
- To develop innovative programming and content for the UK Learning Network that support trip alumni follow up and introduce young Jewish adults to international Jewish and humanitarian needs;
- To cultivate local young lay leadership in Learning Networks assisting them to create and execute strategic plans, while also developing peer educators.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Be the UK representative for JDC Entwine, based at Jhub.
- Develop and implement a UK-centric recruitment strategy for JDC Entwine service trips around the world.
- Manage the Entwine Learning Network in London, supporting the development of educational events for young Jewish professionals.
- Develop and continue to grow a lay Planning Group of UK young Jewish leaders to spearhead local educational events and programming on global Jewish issues.
- Build greater awareness of JDC and overseas Jewish and humanitarian needs through the development of unique, meaningful, and timely educational opportunities and events.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships through one-on-one follow-through and correspondence with Entwine alumni.
- Develop and grow strong partnerships with key JDC UK-based partner organizations.
- Develop innovative and audience-appropriate materials and outreach tools for educational events with support from JDC’s Marketing Department, external consultants and freelancers.
- Implement strategies for expanding JDC overseas experiences, enhancing current program models and creating new and innovative opportunities.
- Connect alumni of JDC Entwine’s overseas service and other programs with Learning Networks and other local opportunities.
- Work in close coordination with Entwine Program teams to ensure seamless integration of program alumni into the Entwine continuum of opportunities and develop new ways to engage alumni.
- Work together with the Entwine Network team to implement tracking of event participation and local lay leadership development, and assist as needed with grant reporting.
- Be a JDC Entwine expert by 1) maintaining a high-level understanding of the department’s goals and programming and 2) communicating the work of Entwine.
- Be an expert on innovative and meaningful outreach to UK Jewish young adults.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of JDC’s overseas programs.
- As needed, staff young professional overseas/service experiences.
- Represent JDC Entwine in Jewish young adult forums in the UK.
III. EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Completed University degree.
- At least two years of professional experience in community organization, event planning, programming or other relevant field. Prior international work experience would be a definite asset.
- 3. Knowledge of international and Jewish affairs, culture, traditions and history a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to inspire and motivate young Jews to become activists and leaders.
- Ability to clearly and passionately convey JDC’s work worldwide and to elucidate the importance of global Jewish service and leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with colleagues as well as lay leaders and professionals.
- Excellent project management skills including great attention to detail.
All referrals and inquiries are to be directed to Robin Salsberg, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org