Location: Sydney, Australia (remotely from home and Bronte location)
Reports To: Director, The Joint Australia
The Joint (Australia), the Australian branch of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to help with the growing administrative needs of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled administrative professional to help devise and implement systems and operations that will support the organisation’s extensive fundraising efforts over the next decade.
What will you do as a Administrative Assistant?
- Provide a wide range of administrative support to the National Director
- Manage database using the ‘Raisers Edge’ system (training provided)
- Respond to donor queries, process donations and manage donor acknowledgement
- Liaise with JDC global (internal) administrative functions
- Interface with The Joint’s supporters and Australian Advisory Board
- Liaise with vendors and other third-party providers including accountant
- Help coordinate major events and other satellite gatherings
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be our Administrative Assistant?
- Strong computer skills including complete facility with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with very high attention to detail
- Extremely well-organised, able to cope with a varied workload
- Engaging personality, comfortable and confident telephone manner
- A collaborative, open and efficient style, can function in international environment
- High level of professionalism, integrity, ethics, judgment and confidentiality
- Able to take instruction well but also to be proactive when necessary
- Capacity to work from home and work flexibly
Preferred knowledge, skills and experience
- Event management experience
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience with Mail Chimp or other automated marketing platform
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Familiarity with the Australian Jewish community, either in a professional or lay capacity
- A passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service
What are the compensation and benefits for a Administrative Assistant?
- This is a permanent part time role paid monthly
- We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- $40 per hour plus superannuation contributions
- Vacation days, sick and personal days and Jewish and national holidays
- Flexibility and the option to work from home
Why work at JDC?
This is an opportunity to help engage Australian Jewry in the international effort to care for Jews and others around the world who are in need.
This is a chance to personally make a difference on a massive scale, develop a global perspective and work with staff from the U.S, Israel and the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.