Industry: Global Resource Development/Board Relations
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Reports To: Director of Global Encounters
The JDC is looking for a Board & Major Donor Missions Specialist to join JDC’s Global Encounters (GE) team. The GE team is an integral component of JDC’s fundraising efforts to cultivate and engage new and existing donors. The Specialist will assist the Resource Development (RD) and Board Relations Departments to support the development, logistics and implementation of Board and major donor missions globally, reflecting JDC’s mission and RD’s strategic cultivation interests and needs.
What will you do as a Board & Major Donor Missions Specialist?
- Coordinate Board and other major donor VIP missions
- Work closely with JDC’s global field staff to develop meaningful mission experiences in the field including building trip itineraries with relevant content for stakeholders
- Arrange door-to-door trip logistics for the donor visit/mission, including but not limited to hotel/food/transport, through the local JDC office or the relevant tour/non JDC operator
- Comply with JDC protocols and policies as related to missions/trips e.g. legal contracts, security, expenses/billing, insurance etc.
- Prepare and organize mission related educational and briefing materials
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of marketing materials for missions
- Serve as the main contact person in the NY office for Board members and major donor VIP mission participants via email, phone or in person
- Serve as liaison between GE, Board Relations and Board members in relation to Board and major donor VIP missions.
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What does the ideal Board & Major Donor Missions Specialist look like?
- Collaborative team player able to work across functions
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working virtually with teams, and with both long distance and local supervision
- Able to work flexible hours and travel internationally on a limited basis
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload while maintaining accuracy
What qualifications do you need to be our Board and Major Donors Mission Specialist?
- At least 5+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead conference calls with senior professionals
- Ability to work well and calmly under pressure
- Flexible thinking and quick adaptability to fast-pace environment
- Ability to work cross-culturally
- Team player, self-starter and, creative thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook, previous experience with Excel and database systems required
- Ability to communicate in additional languages such as Hebrew, Russian or Spanish – a plus
- 4-year degree – a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Board and Major Donors Mission Specialist?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Send your resume, salary expectations and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.