Employment Type: Full-Time
JDC, the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization, is seeking to hire a Chief Marketing Officer to lead its highly talented and motivated Global Marketing and Communications department.
As Chief Marketing Officer, the position will be responsible for creating innovating marketing and communications strategies to build JDC’s brand, leading to increased awareness, revenue, relevance, reputation and respect within the target audiences. The CMO will also play a prominent role with JDC’s upcoming branding study and its rollout.
The ideal candidate will have extensive branding, marketing and leaderships skills with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of marketing channels. The ideal candidate will be an experienced marketer who can lead and drive branding, marketing and communication campaigns to increase aggressive awareness and growth.
What will you do as the Chief Marketing Officer?
- Build JDC’s brand awareness, relevance, reputation and respect among target external audiences and within the organization.
- Lead the creation/production of inspiring design, content and campaigns that build the brand and drives fundraising.
- Rally internal and external stakeholders around the brand and ensure brand standards are consistently maintained across all channels.
- Build awareness of JDC’s leadership in the humanitarian field. Measure and manage recognition ensuring that JDC is recognized for all the right reasons.
- Create and execute innovative communications strategies to educate and inform stakeholders.
- Develop and execute measurable strategies.
- Partner with other departments to create integrated and streamlined communications to effectively reach a variety of stakeholders.
- Specifically working closely with the resource development senior management team to successfully harmonize fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Manage and mobilize the marking and communications team to execute plans effectively and efficiently, measuring results and adjusting the plan as necessary.
- Lead the marketing and communications team to create a social media presence that empowers stakeholders to spread the JDC brand virally. Develop innovative campaigns to increase followers and increase fundraising.
- Establish a web presents that drives donations and volunteer support and supports fundraising and awareness growth goals. Evaluate and enhance JDC’s SEO to own key search terms to drive fundraising.
- Available for travel to JDC’s offices and operations on an as needed basis.
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be our Data Specialist & Information Designer?
- Bachelors’ degree required. Master’s degree with marketing is a plus.
- 10 years of marketing and communications experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a focus on brand marketing.
- 5 years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development for a team of 10+. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must.
- Experience building brand awareness and support internally.
- A thorough knowledge of marketing and communications principle and brand management along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- An understanding of all aspects of print material production, development and implementation of social media plans and video production. Knowledge and network of vendors.
- Experience with mentoring and developing staff and with building internal alliances.
- Multicultural work and language skills will be a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Data Specialist & Information Designer?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
T – 646-202-9651
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.