Location: New York
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Planning & Evaluation
JDC has an exciting opportunity for an analytical nonprofit professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited to learn and grow. The JDC Entwine Database Specialist is a new role that will be a part of designing, creating and managing the growing Planning and Evaluation function at JDC Entwine. They will play a role in the design and creation of JDC Entwine’s participant database and will ovearsee the database once it is up and running.
The Database Specialist will help to craft Entwine’s strategy around how to better use participant data. They will be responsible for creating processes and protocols for collecting and managing data for all programs and for helping the team access and utilize this data to more effectively do their work. They will work closely with the Director of Planning and Evaluation to analyze this data as an input to program improvement, programming decisions and strategic planning.
What will you do as a Database Specialist?
- Database Creation and Management
- Work with Director of Planning and Evaluation, JDC IT team and external vendor to help design and set up participant database
- Review, audit, clean, update and organize historical data
- Manage ongoing collection of data for all programs, including administration of collection instruments, data cleaning, data management, etc.
- Establish protocols and procedures for fully populating and maintaining the database and holding team accountable
- Train staff in utilizing database
- Performance Measurement/Reporting
- Support staff in collecting performance data on all programs
- Work with Director of Planning and Evaluation to design and administer surveys and other data collection instruments
- Monitor outcomes and analyze data to provide real-time feedback to staff
- Design, create and deliver regular reports on potential participants, applicants, program participants and program performance
- Support Director of Planning and Evaluation in conducting analysis as an input to program improvement and strategic planning
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What does the ideal Database Specialist look like?
- Collaborative team player able to work across functions
- Strong customer service mindset
- Pro-active self-starter with a desire to learn
- Detail oriented professional
- Loves data and telling a story with data
What qualifications do you need to be our Database Specialist?
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, or other relational database platform required
- Experience with CRMs like Service Now, Salesforce, or Raiser’s Edge required
- Prior experience with relational database design, implementation and maintenance preferred
- Prior experience with data analysis or monitoring and evaluation a plus
- Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc. a plus
- 4 year degree preferred
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Database Specialist?
- This a full time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Submit your resume, salary expectations and cover letter through LinkedIn.