Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of RD Systems and Operations
JDC is seeking an analytical development professional with CRM database management experience to maintain the CRM database and all Development systems. As a Development Database Manager, you will be an essential partner to organizational operations. You will work closely with functions throughout the organization, including IT, Finance, and Marketing & Communications.
You will also be involved in the ongoing upgrade to the current version of our development database (Raiser’s Edge v7.9.6), including liaising with consultants, designing and/or implementing solutions, writing documentation and specifications, developing training materials, and training staff.
This role is ideal for a technical CRM specialist with a data-driven, big-picture approach.
What will you do as a Development Database Manager?
- Act as a key participant in an organization-wide initiative to implement Raiser’s Edge as a true fundraising system
- Represent the needs and perspective of the Resource Development department at inter-departmental meetings relating to the RE project and ongoing business practices
- Design and produce fundraising and finance statistical and analytical reports for the executive department, board of directors, and other functions
- Prioritize and manage all new system requirements (that relates to the project) and data requests from Resource Development and external departments
- Ensure the integrity of the database via regular maintenance and ongoing data-hygiene projects
- Ensure implementation of best fundraising and finance business processes, practices, and nonprofit financial regulations in the new system
- Maintain the database code tables within Raiser’s Edge that support a multitude of fundraising efforts, including the coding for all cultivation and solicitation efforts of the Development office (Ex: Planned Giving, Individual Gifts, etc)
- Train and support all staff in the proper use of the fundraising application
- Develop and document data-entry rules
- Analyze and adapt office procedures and systems in response to the changing needs of the Development office
- Liaise with external departments that require Development information and/or that the Development Office needs information from
What does the ideal Development Database Manager?
- Pro-active self-starter and a hands-on problem-solver
- Big-picture thinker with strong knowledge of the business functions of a large, multi-faceted, international Development office
- Strong communicator with excellent writing skills
- Patient, customer-oriented, skilled teacher; experience working with varied personalities and balancing client needs with departmental needs a plus
- Prior experience with a complex Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database – must be extremely comfortable handling large and complex datasets with a proven track record
- Prior experience managing fundraising systems and working with fundraising staff; sales experience also relevant
What qualifications do you need to be our Development Database Manager?
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge 7, Salesforce, or equivalent CRM – fundraising CRM experience strongly preferred
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree required; CRM certification strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports is essential, as is Query/Export tools of RE
- Proficiency in MS-Office (including MS-Word mail-merge functions) required
- Working knowledge of SQL extremely helpful
- Experience with PaperSave is a strong plus
- Experience with Classy (online fundraising) is a plus
- Experience with Omatic Software products is a plus
- In depth knowledge and experience writing specs and designing/documenting solutions
What are the compensation and benefits for a Development Database Manager?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Send your resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com, or apply through Linkedin.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.