Location: Melbourne, Australia
Employment Type: Part time
The Joint (Australia) is looking for a leading Jewish community professional to manage its outreach and development efforts in Victoria. This is a rare opportunity for an individual to adapt a significant and major global Jewish brand to the Victorian Jewish setting and work with a dynamic global team headquartered in New York and Jerusalem.
You will be responsible for developing and rolling out a strategic plan that will see The Joint raise its profile in Victoria and engage stakeholders, with a view towards generating a thriving major gifts program over time.
Reporting to the national director, you will work hand-in-hand with the national and global team to –
- Scope the philanthropic and communal landscape in Victoria and make recommendations about where and how resources should be allocated
- Leverage national and global marketing efforts to encourage deeper engagement in Victoria and to generate gifts
- Develop local and meaningful avenues of engagement for people of all ages including events, giving circles, speaking engagements, and other innovative pathways that cultivate philanthropic giving for Joint Australia
- Work with the national and global team to deliver high-end content that is adapted to a Victorian Jewish audience
- Identify and recruit appropriate Victorian candidates to serve on the national Australian board and International Board and then work with members to ensure optimal levels of engagement
- Identify and cultivate donor prospects at the small, medium and major gifts level
- Identify and cultivate foundation support for The Joint’s work across the globe
- Support the national president and other lay leadership in their outreach and fundraising efforts in Victoria
- Assist in organising The Joint’s fundraising events to meet firm fundraising objectives
- Help put in place any administrative infrastructure critical to running outreach operations in Victoria
- Work with Jewish and secular media to place advertisements, editorial and opinion pieces that support global and national messaging
- Work with the national and global team to plan missions to locations where The Joint is active, recruit participants and accompany groups from time to time as necessary
The ideal candidate will have a healthy appetite for messaging complex ideas to a wide audience, have first-class written and verbal communication skills, be comfortable with high-touch interaction, be flexible, internally motivated, able to travel overseas at least twice a year, self-directed, and be willing to think and act innovatively to meet ambitious fundraising targets.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Australia@jdc.org