Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Field Operations Director, JDC FSU
If you have a proven ability to manage business processes, broad strategic vision, an ability to interpret the organizational strategy to the field activity, a desire to learn and lead social innovation, and business skills alongside with the interest in social and community work, then we are looking for you.
What will you do as a Managing Director of JDC Moscow?
- The ongoing operational management of JDC’s representative office covering a wide geographical area in Russia.
- Budget management including budget building, control and overall responsibility for the organization’s and supported organizations’ budget.
- Development of yearly work plan and its implementation.
- Partnership in formulating JDC strategy in the region, including responsibility for initiating, planning and implementing humanitarian and community programs and projects.
- Community development and strengthening Jewish identity among the Jewish community.
- Building and developing contacts with the local government including representing the organization in local/governmental forums.
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be our Managing Director of JDC Moscow?
- At least 6 years of experience in senior positions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good command of Russian, English and Hebrew
- Acquaintance with the Jewish community in Moscow is an advantage
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Send your resume to MoscowCareer@jdc.org.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.