Location: New York City
Industry: Marketing & Communications
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Reports To: Interim Chief Marketing Officer
The world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC or “The Joint”), is seeking a highly talented, mission-driven, and motivated team player to help raise awareness of our historic work, in 70 countries, saving Jewish lives and building Jewish life worldwide, as well leveraging that expertise to provide disaster response and international development assistance on behalf of the global Jewish community.
What will you do as a Marketing Copywriter & Content Specialist?
- Creation of strategic marketing, ad, and sales copy and other content to engage existing stakeholders, donors, and supporters as well as new potential donors and supporters.
- Specifically, generation and, in some instances, deployment, of marketing copy, ad copy, and sales language and tools as a driver of JDC’s priority, multi-year fundraising campaign to support the world’s poorest Jews – elderly pensioners across the former Soviet Union, in countries like Ukraine, Moldova, and Belarus, living on as little as $2/day.
- Collaborate with MarCom, Resource Development, global field offices in Israel, the former Soviet Union, Europe, Africa and Asia, and Latin America, and others across the organization in developing pithy, compelling content for JDC’s target audiences, from genesis to deployment.
- Support in the execution of digital marketing campaigns, including copywriting for cross-channel marketing materials (e.g., emails, direct mail, social media, donor brochures) and video storyboarding/narrative development.
- Development of a variety of print, digital, and multimedia content, including video and virtual reality (VR) as needed, for priority marketing and fundraising efforts.
What does the ideal Marketing Copywriter & Content Specialist look like?
- Standout professional who understands the realities of modern marketing
- Compelling ad copywriter and content developer
- Savvy marketer with the ability to write and create strategic, engaging multimedia content for different audiences across a variety of owned, earned, and paid media channels.
- Experienced at producing online gift catalogues
What qualifications do you need to be our Marketing Copywriter & Content Specialist?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in content development
- Familiarity with the North American Jewish marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with HubSpot or similar inbound marketing/marketing automation platform and CRM system a plus
- Experience using a templating language, such as a CMS like WordPress or Drupal, a plus
- Video editing software and Photoshop proficiency, a plus
- Professional experience in advertising, a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Marketing Copywriter & Content Specialist?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
To apply, send your resume, salary expectations and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.