Location: JDC NEW YORK HEADQUARTERS
Employment Type: Full-Time
JDC has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, and highly organized individual to serve as our Office Administrator. This position is for someone who excels at proactively forecasting needs and taking initiative pre-emptively. The Office Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that the NYHQ office operations run seamlessly. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant, efficiently run work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
The Office Administrator will possess working knowledge of office systems and provide daily support services and oversight for general procurement, assessment and maintenance of office space including but not limited to housekeeping, vendor management, stock maintenance, and general office organization and operations. JDC has over 1,000 staff across the globe and over 100 staff in the New York Headquarters, so this role is a great opportunity for an office manager or administrator looking to advance to a larger organization. This position reports to the Manager of Security and Facilities.
What will you do as an Office Administrator?
Office Operations Management
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, and physical appearance of a 120-employee office for a large global non-profit
- Proactively recommend policies or creative solutions to problems (office space, storage, supplies, pantry items, conference rooms, etc)
- Work closely with cleaning services team to maintain office order
- Manage organized system for maintaining office stock of supplies, pantry items, etc
- Coordinate, manage, and make decisions regarding key vendor relationships (i.e. building management, maintenance, etc.)
- Coordinate office services tasks for internal events, furniture moves, cleaning services, etc
- Evaluate and maintain existing facilities and infrastructure, making proactive decisions and completing repairs when necessary
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling with landlord, vendors and contractors as needed
- Organize and order office supplies as needed, making decisions regarding sources and budget
- Order additional pantry/kitchen items as needed (plates, silverware, glasses, snacks, etc.)
What qualifications do you need to be our Office Administrator?
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Previous Administrative or operational experience
- As the face of the office, a professional, welcoming demeanor
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills and an extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to project manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
What are the compensation and benefits for an Office Administrator?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Send your resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject ‘Office Administrator – Full Name’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in more than 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.