Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Executive Director, Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues is an educational organization created in 2006 by mainstream North American Jewish leadership to ensure North American Jewish organizations have access to trusted, non-partisan information and learning about Arab citizens and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel. Today, the Task Force serves more than 100 member organizations to date including federations, foundations, advocacy organizations, religious movements and more. Our activities include producing and distributing in-depth briefing papers and updates, hosting and partnering with members on speaking events, facilitating site-visits on missions to Israel, raising awareness through public relations and outreach, and integrating these issues in major conferences.
The Task Force Specialist will work closely with the Executive Director and Associate Director on a majority of Task Force activities and will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day operations, as well as regularly producing written communications and managing independent projects.
What will you do as the Task Force Specialist?
- Prepare written communications, including newsletters, website updates, letters, invitations, executive memos and informational spreadsheets
- Maintain and update website and social media
- Monitor media coverage of Israeli Arab issues; prepare daily and weekly media summaries
- Manage grant portfolio, including calendar, proposals and reporting
- Budget management, including income and expenses
- Assist in the creation of educational and marketing materials and other resources
- Additional projects/tasks as designated by supervisor
- Administrative support for the Executive Director
- Administrative tasks related to planning and coordinating educational briefings, annual members meeting and national/international study tours
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be the Task Force Specialist?
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, anticipate, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Sensitivity to detail and nuance and ability to connect to big picture
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills –Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, knowledge of html and ability to learn CMS and technical website needs
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and/or Israeli Arab issues a plus
- Knowledge of Hebrew and/or Arabic languages a plus
What are the compensation and benefits for a Data Specialist & Information Designer?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Send your resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through Linkedin.
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues is under the secretariat of The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization.