Join JDC Ambassadors on a journey to the heartland of Ukrainian Jewry, Lviv and Kiev. Come early for weekend in Paris to kick off your trip, and stay on for an optional weekend extension in Odessa.
- Optional pre-trip weekend in Paris
- Insider’s briefing of JDC’s role and strategy in Ukraine
- Tour Jewish Kiev including the Maidan Independence Square and Brodsky Synagogue
- Home visits with JDC Hesed Clients in Lviv and Kiev
- Meet young, community leaders from Moishe House and JUICE, incubators for volunteerism and meaningful Jewish experiences for young adults
- Join the annual AJT Conference in Kiev and the thousands- strong teen movement changing the face volunteerism across Europe and the FSU
Destinations: Paris (optional pre-trip), Lviv, Kiev, Odessa (optional post-trip)
Dates: November 4- 9, 2018
Estimated Costs: For Lviv & Kiev, beginning at Single Occupancy: $2,190; Double Occupancy: $1,690. Costs represent real expenses for JDC
Cost Includes: ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, site visits, guides, and processing fees; they do not include cost of airfare between countries or transatlantic flights.
About JDC in Ukraine and the former Soviet Union: For nearly three decades, JDC has been operating in the former Soviet Union (FSU) to provide support to the most impoverished Jews in the region, and to help nurture the reviving local Jewish communities. JDC-FSU endeavors to meet the profound needs of the most vulnerable Jews and the Jewish communities in the region, by providing comprehensive care services and Jewish community activities throughout the FSU.
Across the FSU, JDC-facilitated networks of volunteers help to care for elderly and provide other services in their communities. As a new generation connects to Jewish life through programs like the JDC-BBYO youth movement partnership Active Jewish Teens, they are learning that “giving back” is an essential aspect of what it means to be part of a caring global Jewish community and gaining the skills needed to shape Jewish life in their communities.
*Trips subject to change
**Participation requires a meaningful gift (minimum $5000 per person) to help support JDC’s rescue, relief, and renewal programs around the world