Location: New York City Headquarters
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Function: JDC Entwine
Reports To: Director of Engagement
Date Posted: 12/31/2018
The Director of Marketing for JDC Entwine will be an experienced professional who can establish a strategy and approach for positioning and presenting the Entwine brand. This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional to build their own department and grow a team of consultants and staff.
The Director of Marketing will have a broad marketing skill set, including an ability and desire to create content, and will be experienced in developing comprehensive marketing strategies and brand building. They will use insight-driven product innovation to execute Entwine’s marketing plans and campaigns which combine the attitudes and interests of young adults inspired by global causes and humanitarian efforts.
This role reports to Entwine’s Director of Engagement and will work closely with a broad range of partners externally and across the organization.
What will you do as a Director of Marketing?
- Lead and drive our storytelling, including brand framework, value propositions, personality, and naming, across JDC Entwine
- Ensure implementation of JDC Entwine’s brand guidelines and messaging across all programs, communications, and designed collateral materials
- Create and manage a calendar of strategic communications, including e-communications and social media, and oversee all branded e-communications and alumni-created op-eds
- Manage consultants and marketing staff and provide the team with a clearly defined vision that contains concise information on our work, audience and strategy
- Process data on our audience, click rates, and social media insights, and work these into actions which drive our future marketing strategies
- Work with Entwine’s recruitment and alumni engagement team to ensure connection between events, trips, speaking opportunities, and articles/op-eds and the marketing unit
- Liaise with JDC’s global marketing staff to ensure coordination between Entwine and the larger organization
- Monitor cultural and social trends in the young adult space and their impact on consumers’ attitudes, behavior and perceptions
- As needed, staff JDC Entwine Insider Trips
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
Who is the Director of Marketing?
- A highly creative marketing professional who is passionate about visual and written storytelling
- Excellent communication skills, savvy with social media, and strategic with e-communications
- Ability to inspire and motivate young Jews to become activists and leaders
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with colleagues as well as lay leaders and field professionals
- Excellent project management and vendor management skills
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What qualifications do you need to be Entwine’s Director of Marketing?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in marketing, communications, or other relevant field
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Jewish affairs/culture and young adult engagement a plus
- Proven marketing campaign experience
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
What are the compensation and benefits for a Director of Marketing?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid semi-monthly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘JDC Careers, Director of Marketing – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.JDC.org.
Entwine is a one-of-a-kind movement for young Jewish leaders, influencers, and advocates who seek to make a meaningful impact on global Jewish needs and international humanitarian issues. We do this by offering overseas experiences and leadership development, engaging thousands each year.