Location: New York City Headquarters
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Function: JDC Entwine
Reports To: Director of Design and Organizational Development
Date Posted: 12/24/2018
JDC Entwine is seeking a Learning Experience Designer to be a key content developer, creating sophisticated educational content for its programs, including events, retreats, trainings, and do-it-yourself toolkits. Your content will enable Entwine to support young Jewish adults who seek to make a meaningful impact on global causes and international humanitarian efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for an educational professional with a passion for adult education and global service.
This role requires the ability to travel at least 2-4 times a year domestically and/or abroad. Travel frequency will vary dependent on program calendar.
This role is ideal for a creative professional with expertise in experiential learning outside of a traditional classroom. Knowledge of experience design is required, Jewish content expertise is not.
What will you do as a Learning Experience Designer?
- Create educational content employing best practices in experiential education to engage young adults in global causes
- Design sophisticated programs and content for intimate and large-scale events that educate and inspire young adults
- Develop a catalogue of cutting-edge, interactive do-it-yourself educational modules that make it easy for participants to host their own interactive events that bring an awareness and connection to global Jewish causes to their friends
- Design trainings and retreats that build leadership development
- Train staff and lay leaders to effectively facilitate educational content and modules
- Manage the implementation of curricula and modules across Entwine program areas and with external organizational partners
- Be a JDC Entwine expert
- Maintain excellent knowledge of JDC’s global programs
- Staff overseas experiences and facilitate programs as needed
- Represent Entwine at gatherings, conferences, and other public venues
- Other related duties as assigned
Who is the Learning Experience Designer?
- Expert in informal learning (as opposed to traditional classroom learning)
- Adept at designing events that feature interactive modalities
- Experienced trainer/facilitator
- Possesses a high-level of knowledge on relevant issues and trends in the young adult space
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on complex projects
- Creative problem solver
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people, strong cross-cultural competency and global outlook
- Highly adaptable, prepared to take the unexpected in stride
- Passionate about humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service
What qualifications do you need to be our Learning Experience Designer?
- Expertise in experience design, experiential learning, and/or UX for learning
- Previous educational event programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in education and experience design, or equivalent
- Forward and strategic thinking
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Advanced degree in education or related field preferred
- Experience with blended learning or digital learning is a plus
What are the compensation and benefits for a Learning Experience Designer?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid semi-monthly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘JDC Careers, Interactive Experience designer – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.JDC.org.
Entwine is a one-of-a-kind movement for young Jewish leaders, influencers, and advocates who seek to make a meaningful impact on global Jewish needs and international humanitarian issues. We do this by offering overseas experiences and leadership development, engaging thousands each year.