Location: New York City Headquarters
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Function: JDC Entwine
Reports To: Director of Engagement and Deputy Director of Operations
Date Posted: 01/02/2019
JDC Entwine is seeking a motivated, passionate, outgoing, and detail-oriented RSJ Project Coordinator. This role will have split responsibility:
- Russian-speaking Jewish (RSJ) Engagement – 50%: theCoordinator will be responsible for engaging North American RSJ young adults with Entwine, JDC’s young adult initiative.
- Global Service Operations – 50%: theCoordinator will coordinate logistics for a portfolio of Entwine overseas programs.
This role requires some travel, both globally on one Entwine trip per year, and domestically for events and engagement activities in cities across the US.
What will you do as a Project Coordinator ?
- Design and Staff an annual overseas Insider Trip (week-long immersive learning experience) for a group of 20 North American RSJ young adults, including developing and implementing a strategic recruitment plan, designing an adapted Jewish learning curriculum, and adapting the itinerary for an RSJ audience
- Plan and Implement four ‘Speaker Series’ alumni events across the U.S. for 20-30 RSJs/event, working with trip alumni to develop content that is relevant for an RSJ crowd
- Recruit RSJs for other (non-RSJ-specific) Entwine programs, including ‘National’ Insider Trips, alumni leadership trainings, Signature Events, Do-it-Yourself (‘DIY’) programs, and more, helping to integrate RSJs into the larger Entwine community
- Input into the development of a trip recruitment video targeting RSJ young adults
- Support RSJ participants of Entwine’s‘Community Reps’ leadership program as they bring global Jewish causes into their communities
Operations (Ops) Support
- Serve as a critical staff member of Project Teams either as the Project Lead or by managing substantial logistics to ensure the success of the program
- Project Coordination, including but not limited to tracking, databasing, creating briefing materials, booking travel and events, processing payments, drafting group communications, and responding to inquiries
- As needed, staff Insider Trips and implement educational content
- Be well versed in JDC Entwine by 1) maintaining a high-level understanding of Entwine goals and programming and 2) communicating the work of the department and JDC through an Entwine lens and perspective
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of JDC’s overseas programs
- Assist with marketing and recruitment efforts across Entwine programs
- Represent JDC in Jewish young adult forums
- Assist with other projects in the department as needed
What does the ideal RSJ Project Coordinator Look Like?
- Highly collaborative, an excellent communicator, and strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Extensively experienced with the RSJ young adult community, with a nuanced understanding of the population’s diversity and the ability to translate this as input for program design
- Interested in education and leadership development of Jewish young adults & identity building
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a passion for Jewish life and social action
- Experienced in working closely with volunteer leaders and/or building community connections
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to clearly and passionately convey JDC’s work worldwide, elucidate the importance of global Jewish service, and inspire young Jews to become activists and leaders
- Able to recognize cultural differences and to communicate effectively with people of various backgrounds
What qualifications do you need to be an RSJ Project Coordinator ?
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional setting
- Professionally proficient in both written and verbal Russian
- Deeply familiar with the North American young adult RSJ community and identity
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products including ability to build and manage Excel spreadsheets
- Willing to travel internationally up to 3x/year and domestically as required
- Excellent written English and grammar
- Prior experience working internationally or with a global nonprofit preferred
- Prior experience with formal and/or informal educational programs preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for an RSJ Project Coordinator ?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid semi-monthly. This role is non-exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘RSJ Project Coordinator, Entwine – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.JDC.org.
Entwine is a one-of-a-kind movement for young Jewish leaders, influencers, and advocates who seek to make a meaningful impact on global Jewish needs and international humanitarian issues. We do this by offering overseas experiences and leadership development, engaging thousands each year.