Location: Los Angeles (Remotely Based)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Entwine
Reports To: Director of Engagement
Date Posted: 11/9/2018
JDC Entwine is seeking a Community Manager to empower young adults to learn about and take action on behalf of global Jewish causes. You will plan and attend events, build relationships with young Jewish professionals and college students, and help lead overseas trips while encouraging involvement with the Entwine community post-trip.
This role is ideal for someone with experience in community organizing or event planning and a passion for global Jewish causes. This position is remotely based in Los Angeles, and as such requires the focus of an independent self-starter. Community Managers are required to travel abroad 3-4 times per year, and domestically as needed.
What will you do as our Southern California Community Manager?
- Inspire and empower young adults in Southern California to learn about and take action on behalf of global Jewish causes
- Act as the main ‘link’ between JDC Entwine and LA area young adults, cultivating and maintaining meaningful and long-lasting relationships
- Connect with Jewish young adults by attending local programs, leading Entwine overseas trips, and connecting them with on-going leadership opportunities
- Recruit, interview, and select 50-75 young adults per year from the LA area onto our overseas experiences and continue to grow this number each year
- Represent Entwine in the Southern California Jewish young adult space, grow partnerships with other young adult organizations, deepen relationships with other community staff, and have a deep knowledge of the community program calendar
- Lead global travel experiences by staffing three to four Entwine Insider Trips every year to exciting destinations
- Connect over 80% of LA-based alumni to our do-it-yourself toolkits, community events and meet-ups, and online content, and leadership opportunities
- Work closely with the Entwine’s program design staff and volunteer leaders to develop high-quality meetups and events for Entwine participants
- Work together with Entwine’s data and analytics staff to track the experiences of participants
- Facilitate trainings for Entwine leaders, with particular emphasis on those run in Southern California
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What does the ideal Southern California Community Manager Look Like?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with colleagues as well as lay leaders and professionals
- Independent self-starter who is comfortable working remotely
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong communicator, able to clearly and passionately convey JDC’s work worldwide, elucidate the importance of global Jewish service
- Able to inspire and motivate young Jews to become activists and leaders
- Able and excited to travel both internationally and domestically
- Passionate about engaging young Jews in Global Jewish work
- Ability to recognize cultural differences and to communicate effectively with people of various backgrounds
- Great at keeping program participants engaged through regular follow-up
What qualifications do you need to be our Southern California Community Manager?
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional setting
- Excellent project management skills including great attention to detail
- Strength in developing creative educational concepts
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with teams and in highly collaborative environments
- Prior international work experience, knowledge of international and Jewish affairs, culture, traditions and history a plus
- Prior group leading and/or teaching experience a plus
- Knowledge of international and Jewish affairs, culture, traditions and history a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Southern California Community Manager?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with the subject ‘JDC Entwine, Southern California Community Manager – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.JDC.org.
Entwine is a one-of-a-kind movement for young Jewish leaders, influencers, and advocates who seek to make a meaningful impact on global Jewish needs and international humanitarian issues. We do this by offering service experiences in Jewish communities around the world, educational events and programs, and leadership development opportunities.